By recycling your home and office waste you will -
Conserve natural resources.
When 1 ton of steel is recycled, 2500 pounds of iron ore, 1400 pounds of coal and 120 pounds of limestone are conserved.
Recycling reduces the need for new landfill spaces.
Recycling one ton of paper saves 17 trees and 7000 gallons of water.
Save energy and become energy efficient
- Recycled glass uses about 21% less energy.
- Recycled plastic bottles use 76% less energy.
- Recycled newsprint uses about 45% less energy.
- Clean water and neighbourhoods contribute to good health.
- Teaching children about the value of recycling can help raise a generation of environment conscious adults.
Create jobs and help the economy
- Recycling generates more revenue and jobs than simply discarding waste in landfill disposals.
- water and neighbourhoods contribute to good health.
Protect the environment
- Save trees and keep the environment lush and green.
- Protect the ecosystem in our rivers, lakes and streams.
- Keep the air clean for all living beings